Thursday, April 26, 2012

Senior Spotlight: Caite Irvine

Wise words from our seniors about their experiences as Trinity Women's Lacrosse players:


Senior attacker, #9, Caite Irvine




Major: American Studies

High School: The Hotchkiss School

Post Trinity Plans:  Working in Chatham for the summer, and then
really looking to put this American Studies major to good use...

Favorite Sports Quote: 

“I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career.
I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the
game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again
in my life. And that is why I succeed.”  - Michael Jordan

Favorite Practice Drill:  5v4 Must Go

Why did you choose Trinity?  I remember a conversation I had with KP
before I applied, she told me I'd be lucky to learn from Ellen, Mish,
CJ and Bo, the four seniors my freshman year and that really stood out
to me.  My Dad went to Trinity and I was excited to go to a beautiful
school where I could get a good education and play two sports.

What does Trin Lax mean to you? 

Trinity g-lax is this amazing family that extends past the current team to the most supportive alumae.  It
means loving, and valuing each person for what she brings to the team, on and off the field.  It is the closest, most supportive team that I've been lucky enough to be a part of, and I love everyone on it!  I
feel so lucky to be on a team that is dedicated to working hard everyday and committed to being the best.  It has been my favorite part of my time at Trinity where I've met my best friends and learned more
than I could've anywhere else.

Favorite Trin lax memory?  Ah, too many to choose from!  This season,
beating Middlebury up in Vermont was pretty sweet.

Any advice for your teammates? 

Always look out for one another and keep in mind how lucky you are to have 20 plus girls always there for you, and remember to use them!  And obviously, enjoy every second on the turf because it goes by SO quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment